Saturday, October 24, 2009

Slacker...I guess


An elderly lady in my old ward in Duncan found my cell phone number (still trying to figure this out)...and called me this morning. I ran to my phone when I heard it ringing, noticed it was a Duncan number, flipped it open, but I WAS TOO LATE! At first, I was disappointed! I was sure it was an old friend calling to chat or something. Then my phone let me know that the person left a voicemail. WooHoo! So I listened....to hear this (edited for names and gift to protect her identity):

"Allison this is____________ in Duncan. I am wondering did you guys ever get that package I mailed you of those _____? I'd sure like to hear whether you go it or not. My phone number is ___________ and you have my address. I'd sure like for you to let me know...ACKNOWLEDGE...whether you got it or not. Thank you. Goodbye."

What is it with people expecting a Thank You card after giving someone a gift? I think it's a generational thing. I sure do not expect or even want a thank you card from anyone when I give them a wedding gift. I know you're grateful! Enjoy the gift in peace!

I need to finish up my thank yous and get them out, I know! I have been very busy getting paperwork together to buy a house, so I guess I've been slacking in the Thank you note area. So sue me.

I guess I should be writing Thank Yous instead of being on here typing out this post. But what is really on my list are more important things, like laundry and dishes and cleaning...the things that get neglected because I work full-time and in my spare time I get stuff together for the house...or spend a little quality time with my husband.

Oh well...her thank you will go out in the mail today. If you are reading this and didn't get a thank you card yet...well I apologize. THANK YOU for the gift, we love it. I'll be sending out cards soon (I hope).

1 comment:

Amy said...

this is hilarious. we guessed who it was before cam told us who. it's more rude to demand a thank you note than to forget to send one.