So, many of you may not know, but I have begun the LONG, TOUGH road of losing the baby weight.
I'm currently doing my own version of Weight Watchers (i.e. I don't go to meetings or pay for the program. I bought the materials from someone on Ebay and just stay accountable to myself and Jereld).
Weight Watchers when you're breastfeeding is actually a lot easier. You get a TON more points. I don't feel hungry really. But, I do have to eat healthy {insert soundtrack of me weeping right here}. You see, I made some delicious chocolate chip cookies for my Sunday School class {okay, I admit it! I ate a couple myself}, and I made Jereld hide the rest. I was sick yesterday {something akin to the flu I suppose} and nothing sounded as good as a soft, chewy, chocolate chip cookie. Victory! I couldn't find them! Jereld did an EXCELLENT job of hiding them. I still don't know where they are.
But, I started my weight loss journey on March 14, and I have lost about 13 lbs so far. I took pictures of myself {which will never be posted on this blog because they are AWFUL and I got brave and only wore a sports bra and shorts} to track my progress, and I'll be taking new pictures once a month to see how far I've come. I can already tell you a couple victories I've made:
1) I am no longer wearing maternity pants.
2) I am starting to fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes {Although I'm currently in what I consider my "fat pants," somehow it's a victory I am very pleased about. Nothing's worse than wearing maternity jeans when you're not pregnant anymore}.
In other news:
Beau is doing great! He has started smacking his lips in an attempt to copy Jereld. He woke up and started smacking his lips the other morning. He also does a lot of what we refer to as laughing or giggling. It's a fun stage!
I made a little video {per my mom's request}, but WARNING: it's probably only cute to grandmas and moms. Don't say I didn't warn you!
No comments:
Post a Comment