I created a budget. That's right...I did.
I am trying to tackle one of my New Year's resolutions.
Here's the news: I'm keeping this one, but it may take me more than a year.
Why? Well, a budget takes some tweaking, some pruning, some self-control.
I created a rough budget yesterday for the month of February. Jereld looked at it and, right off the bat, mentioned that I may have budgeted WAY TOO much for gas and WAY TOO little for food/groceries. I think he's right, but only the month of February will tell.
In the meantime, I will be attempting to lose weight (I have gained weight since getting married) and my work pants are quite snug. I didn't make a resolution to lose weight, but buying new work clothes doesn't fit into my new budget, and, frankly, staying at this weight does not "fit" (pun intended) my idea of being in shape.
So toast some diet sparkling apple cider...the free kind that is...to losing weight and saving money! WOO HOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment