




Dear World of Opinionated People:
Rule #1: It is rude to tell someone that their name will subject them to being made fun of for the rest of their lives and thus should be changed.
Rule #1A: It is also rude to tell a pregnant woman that the name she and her husband have chosen (and chosen for a reason I might add) will subject their child to being made fun of for the rest of their lives and thus should be changed. (See Rule #1--as most people would agree that even an unborn child is a living person). On that note, any name can be made fun of. I'm pretty sure most people have experienced it.
---Side note: Yes, Jereld and I understand that we are naming our son Beau Hunter. It is intentional. We already debated whether or not he'll be made fun of. Call me hormonal...BUT when you have a baby, I won't tell you what to name it...cross my heart, hope to die.
Rule #2: DO NOT touch a pregnant woman's belly. You wouldn't touch a non-pregnant woman's belly. Just because a baby is inside does not make it less weird.
Rule #3: Don't act like a pregnant woman must be lying when she tells you that her 2nd trimester has been much worse than her first. Trust her.
Rule #4: There are more rules...I'm sure of it....to be continued later.
Rule #5: Unrelated to pregnancy--if someone is in a bathroom stall, if at all possible, do NOT sit in the stall right next to her. She may feel uncomfortable doing her business with you listening so intently.
As you can all tell, it's late at night and I'm a crabby pregnany lady. Please excuse my bad mood. This blog serves as somewhat of a journal, but I also wanted to let the public know of my distaste for certain things. Next time around, Jereld and I have talked about not telling our name until after the baby is born.
1 comment:
Haha good rules! And yes, those emotions are flyin!!!! : ) People will judge your baby's name NO MATTER WHAT (yes, it's suuuuper annoying). But I think the name you picked out is very cute! Don't change it. Your baby will be a cutie : )
Post a Comment