Thursday, September 30, 2010

HALFsies!

That's right folks! 20 Weeks TODAY!

I took a day off of work to celebrate!

What did I eat for the celebration you may ask????? CELERY with PEANUT BUTTER!
It was DELICIOUS!

I wasn't too excited about it at first, but once I tasted it, I actually went back for seconds! Besides, I need a lot more fiber (lol...this may be tmi...I'm married to a man in the medical field and it's gotten to the point that I'm not scared to talk about all most things medical)...and I'm supposed to be getting more protein! THANKS peanut butter for tasting so good!

Oh...and I set up our new baby swing today...all by my self.  Jereld called me from work just as I was getting started...and reminded me that when I set up the bouncer...I had a little trouble.

But...an episode of Oprah and TWO blood blisters (side note:  I'm embarassed that I got blood blisters from putting a baby swing together) later the baby swing is well...SWINGIN'! If you know what I mean.

Another endeavor today...I'm trying a FACEBOOK FAST! You heard me...I'm dropping the habit.  I check it WAY too often.  And, quite frankly, I'm not sure that I care that you did terrible on the Family Feud game and "need help" (LOL...I would say so)***.

***Please note: If you play Family Feud, this is not directed toward you...just meant as a joke.

You see...my addiction to love of Facebook runs so deep that I posted that I was going on a Facebook Fast in my status...now I'm having the urge to see if anyone has responded and cares that I will be away for a while.  Maybe I'm the one that "needs help." 

BUT!...I won't check it! I WON'T! I can't.

I'm sure I'll be posting my thoughts more here as I won't have Facebook to consume my time, but that will be GOOD! Online journaling!

On a different tangent, Jereld invited me to go eat dinner at the hospital he works at.  You see, the hospital is turning 2 and is toddling right along.  He promises that there will be BBQ chicken...I'm there...HEY! Getting more protein is the Dr's orders!

2 comments:

a said...

Why am I not surprised you took a day off work? tsk tsk You haven't even told me how the new team is going...if at all.

Why aren't you eating your Fiber One bars? I imagine it's safe if you're going to be home alone. hehe

Law school is exhausting and expensive. Much like having a child except instead of holding a little angel I hold 30 lbs of books =(

Alicia said...

Good for you to facebook fast! I deactivated my account, but when I got a "smart" phone I started up again. It doesn't take as much time when I use my phone.

I'm proud of you. I support you. And I think you should make a maternity shirt that says something like ALLISON BREWER is fasting from facebook. Pat her belly if you approve.