If I had the $$$ today, I would redo all of the cabinets in my kitchen, and that wall would be COVERED in more counter space and cabinets! But, the truth is, I don't have that kind of $. I probably won't have that kind of $ for a long time.
But, I figure that if I slowly find cheap things, I can at least decorate that space to make it more homey and less hotel-y.
So...dun dun dun...enter Goodwill {sidenote: it was 50% off day}.
{2nd sidenote: Goodwill kind of smells funny doesn't it?}
I went Saturday and purchased 5 things {okay...you caught me...6 things, but the 6th thing was a tie for Father's Day}.
I bought 3 frames (a total of $4.50).
I bought a curio shelf/cabinet thingee ma-hopper ($3.50).
And, an ugly mirror with lots of potential ($20.00).
Then, I meandered {or drove...whichever you want to imagine, but "drove" is a boring word} over to Walmart and purchased some spray paint in the colors of my choice.
I sprayed and sprayed my little heart out {okay it wasn't that hard, but I'd like you to think it was!}.
And what do you suppose came of it?
See Below:
P.S. Sorry I forgot to take a before picture of the "curio shelf/cabinet thingee ma-hopper." You'll just have to imagine an ugly wood colored cabinet.
Before:
After:
Detail on the top:
Now, to make this a chalkboard, or leave it as a mirror? I don't know if you can even turn a mirror into a chalkboard???? Thoughts?
Before:
After:
I don't have a before of this one...remember? So here is the after:
3 comments:
So cute! I bet you could turn it into a chalk board if you used some primer like krylon fushion first and then chalkboard paint. It's cute as a mirror, but would even cuter and a chalkboard!
thats what i said!
Wow very cute color and they turned out really nice! Good job!
Post a Comment