Sunday, June 12, 2011

Water Baby!

Jereld was finally able to take pictures of Beau and me at Beau's Baby Splash class.  Finally, I can show you a little of what we do.

Sometimes we use cups (with holes poked in the bottom) to pour water over the babies' heads from back to front.  This gets them used to having water on their faces.  We count 1-2-3-Under.  Then, we pour.

Floating on his stomach.  He liked it, but his favorite is floating on his back.

All of the babies are placed on their stomachs on this giant hippo shaped water toy. They like looking at each other and socializing.  This helps them create their community.

You can't see it, but I'm sitting on a step.  Beau is practicing feeling the wall and also standing in water.  The toy is to keep him entertained. 

Here we are at the beginning of class getting acclimated to the water.

I promise that he usually likes it.  He just happened to be crying for the picture. 


 Back float! I am only holding the back of his neck and the sides of his face by-the-way.  Babies are naturally bouyant and are naturals at back floating.

2 comments:

Arianna said...

Cute!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!!

a said...

how adorable Allison! he's super cute! Glad you guys are doing well-Ana C.