Just a funny little story from today. Beau has a beloved stuffed cottontail rabbit named Colorado. Colorado was once mine. {Side Note: I could hear Beau messing with my window blinds and just had to go raise them so he couldn't touch them anymore...it's becoming a nasty habit of his. That and feeding his toys to the dogs and eating their dog food.} Back to the story!
Beau drags Colorado around the house for a good portion of the day. He sleeps with him at night. When I get him out of his crib, Colorado must come, too! To say the least, Colorado has taken quite the beating [and the snot wiping, and...and...and.] If you saw Colorado earlier today, you might wonder if he should be wearing a tie dyed shirt to go along with his dread locks.
So, when Beau brought him to me this afternoon, I said, "Beau, should we give Colorado a BATH!?!?!?" Beau got SUPER excited and ran out of the room. I followed. Beau had rushed to the bathroom door and was ready as ever to run the water and toss him in. I, however, headed for the washer.
As Beau watched me toss beloved Colorado in the front load washer and slam the door, he panicked. He screamed. I added the soap. He screamed again. I pressed the start button and started walking away. He grabbed my pant leg and tried to drag me back to the washer. I resisted. He ran to peer through the clear plastic door at his little friend. I chuckled and went to tell Jereld. Beau started pounding on the door. I chuckled even harder. Then I heard him yelling, "COL! COL!" He's never once said his name before, but I guess the occasion called for it! When I asked him where Colorado was, he got real sad.
The washer cycle was an hour. The first half hour consisted of Beau dragging me to the washer, screaming, and yelling, "Col!" Luckily, I think he somewhat forgot the mangy little thing after a while. Hopefully, Colorado will emerge a new man...er...rabbit.
No comments:
Post a Comment