Sunday, August 19, 2012

Three Quarters!

Yep! That's right! I'm 3/4 of the way done with my pregnancy...and I can definitely no longer see my feet.  I have also started having contractions (but as long as I lie down they go away...phew) but they can be classified as Braxton Hicks for now.  Jereld is pretty nervous about the whole thing (and to be honest so am I) because of my pre-term labor with Beau and has given strict instructions to take it easy (which I am trying my best to follow, but there are so many things to do--meaning for the next 2 months or so my house cleaning and such will be kept to a minimum.)

I have already started losing plenty of sleep. Between the fact that I get up 2 or 3 times a night to tinkle and the fact that Kendi has sharp elbows or knees or feet or maybe she's actually got some knitting needles in there...who knows.  My insides are paying the price though and my sleep is being cut short as a result. 

What else has happened?

My sister Amy came over and helped me can some cherry pie filling.  I went over to my sister Jennifer's house for a sisters' back to school lunch.  There was LOTS of yummy food.  If I hadn't been wearing maternity pants I probably would have had to undo the button on my pants :). Jereld went to a place in Patagonia where they are trying to preserve seeds that have been used in this area for hundreds of years.  He said that the drive to Patagonia was BEAUTIFUL and that I missed out.  I was bummed I couldn't go, but big elevation changes just aren't okay when I'm pregnant...especially when I'm getting towards the end of pregnancy.  Jereld also attended his AZPDC club meeting.  They actually had it at Bass Pro instead of all the way across town. Speaking of Bass Pro, Jereld has been putting in LOTS of extra hours there since it's their Fall Hunting Classic.  Beau and I have missed having him home on his days off from the hospital.

As far as Beau is concerned, the kid is ALWAYS GOING...unless he's watching Curious George.  I tip my hat to Curious George.  I wouldn't be able to shower or load the dishwasher or cook or whatever without George's existence.  Beau is a dare devil and will try anything that remotely looks dangerous. 

Usually, by the time Jereld gets home I am about to go nuts! I am too pregnant to get on the floor and play with Beau anymore, so he goes a little stir crazy in the evenings until Jereld gets home and can wrestle with him or play horsey with him (see picture below--can you imagine a pregnant lady doing this?? I didn't think so, but this is what this kid needs basically on a nightly basis.)    


Beau loves being able to do things on his own.  He can't dress himself yet, except for his ties, and so he LOVES his ties.  I left them down one Sunday in my rush to get us out the door to church.  After church Beau found them and this is what resulted.



This is the closet in our office.  It has diapers, food storage, some baby clothes, you know...a mish mash of storage.  I guess it's the perfect jungle gym for a little monkey.  Can you see him in there?  Yes...that's him on top of my boxes of applesauce.


Last, and CERTAINLY NOT LEAST.  Beau saw Jereld climb up the ladder and get on the roof.  Apparently, it didn't look too difficult, because he had a little shadow in no time at all.  YIKES!  Had to document this scary event! The ladder will now be stored far far away from his chubby little reach.

1 comment:

Arianna said...

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS BABY EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Also, Beau is soooo stinking cute! He has such an innocent look on his face with those ties. Silly silly kiddo.

Good luck! Hang in there! I'm sorry about the discomforts of pregnancy. Seriously. I feel for ya.