Hey Everyone,
I got a call this morning from Dr. Rothman (my ENT/surgeon) letting me know that the pathologist did not find any cancer in the right side of my thyroid. So they weren't able to find the source of my cancer presumably because it is so small/microscopic at this point. I asked him what that meant for the Radioactive Iodine (RAI) treatments and he said that it's controversial at this point if I need RAI treatments. He said that if you got a group of experts together in a room you probably couldn't get them all to agree. His opinion is that I should talk to my endocrinologist (Dr. Wadwekar) about it and see what he thinks. I go to Dr. Wadwekar on Thursday, September 5th. We'll see what he has to say!
Jereld & I are still amazed that this cancer was even found. Heavenly Father has definitely blessed us!
Thank you for all of your prayers,
Allison
No comments:
Post a Comment