I stayed home from work.
While home, I realized that my milk had expired. I needed milk, but I hadn't had a shower and it was nearly 2 o'clock! I wasn't planning on being entirely presentable for the shoppers of Walmart (Have you seen the website?...I have never even come CLOSE to looking as bad as some of those people). So, I hopped in the shower.
Thoughts of what to make for dinner (chicken noodle soup--if you were wondering) and something special I could do for Jereld for being such a trooper throughout this pregnancy (Butterfingers on his pillow--his favorite) crossed my mind while I stood in the stream of my warm shower. Having finished I opened the curtain to reach for my towel.
Standing in the bathroom was a man that said, "Don't panic! It's just me!" I screamed.
And then, I realized that it was just my husband. You see, he wasn't supposed to be home until after 7pm. I had not heard anyone come in, and the last thing this nude, pregnant lady was expecting was a man standing in the bathroom.
Explanation??? He had taken a can of Chef Boyardee (yep...I'm that good of a homemaker...lol) to work and hadn't realized that it didn't have a pop top. He needed a can opener. Our house is just 5 minutes from his work, so he dropped by.
I told him he was in BIG trouble.
I got ready and went to Walmart. As I was pulling in the parking lot, I spied a cop. I drove a little more cautiously...as we all do I'm sure. I went into Walmart and grabbed a few things. As I was leaving, I noticed that the cop was still there and thought to myself, "Wow! Our tax dollars hard at work! He hasn't even moved!"
I went to my car and put my purchases in my trunk. Just then the cop turned on his lights and started driving quickly toward the front of the store. I noticed about 3 other cops that had been hiding in the parking lot as well. They jumped out of their cars, pulled out their guns, pointed them at this guy that just came out of Walmart, and yelled at him to put his hands over his head and get on the ground. This was two parking lot aisles away from me.
Needless to say, I take my words about tax dollars back. But, I am lucky the guy didn't decide to pull anything funny inside Walmart. I was IN THERE with him!
Thank you cops!
All because I needed THIS!

3 comments:
Allison!!!
So, I think I knew you were pregnant, but maybe not. Congrats!!! Guess what?!?!? I am pregnant too!!!! We got pregnant in August with our fertility treatments. What a miracle ; )
Pregnancy is not at all what I thought it was going to be. With my first, I was perfectly fine... I only got extremely car-sick and would avoid traveling. Now, I am sick all day long and have no appetite. ; ) Plus I have two small children who demand all my time which means no naps for this tired prego lady.
I am happy to see that things are going well for you!!!! I miss you!!!! I hope things continue to go well ; )
Ahh... I saw your adorable pics of you being pregnant!!!! You are so cute!!! ; ) I also think Beau Hunter is a cute name ; ) And most of all I love how witty you are... I loved catching up on your posts ; ) It made me remember high school and the fun we had together... you were quite the fun one to be around!!! Love yah!!
Allison! I didn't know you had a blog! This is so exciting! Now I can follow you on here! We have a blog too, but I need your email address if you want to read it because some random man from Japan kept commenting so its "private" now... anyway, you can message me your email on facebook if your ok with not fasting for those 2 minutes... :/
Oh, I am just so happy to read updates on your happy pregnant life!!
Post a Comment