Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New Boss

It's official.  I put in my 2 weeks notice today.  What does that mean?  I won't be returning to work after my maternity leave is over! WooHoo!
The place I worked (which cannot be mentioned because I promised them) has been a good place to work.  I learned a lot in the 3 years that I was there. 

This was my first REAL job.  What I mean by that is: I had my Bachelor's degree and was done with college.  I was a "professional" of sorts.  I wore suits, dress pants, dress shirts, and (for a long time) pantyhose every day (until they liberated the women and allowed them to come pantyhoseless--I know scandalous isn't it!?!?!!?). 

Things I will miss: The nice clients.  The clients that ask if I'm Christian or if I've found Jesus.  The older gentlemen that ask if I'm short, blonde, used to be a cheerleader, etc.  The clients that invite me to have a Sam Adams with them on the beach if I'm ever in Maine (I had to let him know that I would prefer a soda instead).  The elderly man that invited me to stay at his apartment if I visit Florida (and his complex even has a pool!).  The guy in Bisbee, AZ that invited me to join him for a cup of coffee when I'm there next. The woman that really had her account messed up by us, and after helping her I felt like her best friend.  I could go on and on. 

Things I won't miss: The jerks. The clients that call in with the idea that (before I even pick up the phone) everything is my fault and that I'm incompetent.  The clients that think that yelling and cursing will get them their way.  The clients who ask the same question over and over again to see if you'll answer differently if they ask the question again.  The clients who want advice (which I wasn't legally allowed to give) and keep pushing for it by saying something like, "What would you tell your mother?"  I also won't miss some of the rules in place at my old workplace.  Sitting in a cubicle staring at a computer all day.  Hearing a beep (it means you have another phone call and you're LIVE--that's right you don't even get a second to compose yourself before answering). 

What will I be doing now?  Answering to a new boss!

He's a little wet behind the ears still...literally!




And he can sometimes be a little cranky...as shown below!


But...he's proving himself to be the best boss so far!   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made it there for 3 years. For that I DEFINITELY commend you :) I imagine this boss will be much better!

Amy said...

He's so cute!!! I want to eat him up. Just kidding. It's a joke. Marsha has someone that wants to eat Jack all the time.

The Wonderful Wilsons said...

That outfit is the cutest....where did you get it??? ;) He looks adorable in the outfit! He is such a cutie! We are going to have to get together sometime now that your a stay at home mommie!! It's the best!

Arianna said...

Awe, he looks like he'll be a good boss to work for. Congrats!! Now, the "real job" begins! ;-)Ari