Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2 Months!

Yep! Beau is 2 months old!  Does it look like we're getting any more sleep?


This picture reminds me of a picture from a previous post...except it was a picture of Jereld.

In all fairness, the last couple of nights have been BLISS compared to previous nights.  Last night, Beau went to sleep all by himself in his bassinet.  We usually have to strap him in his carseat and rock him for 30 minutes for those little peepers to close.  He is also doing great at sleeping in the bassinet all night! He hasn't slept by me in TWO nights...count them...one...two! Which means I actually have a good night's rest. 

In other news:

I got all that for $48.07.  I know...that's a MINOR couponing feat for some of you ladies, but to me it's nothing short of a miracle.

Let me break it down for you!

-26 boxes of name brand cereal
-25 boxes of name brand pasta
-16 powerades (these didn't really have a coupon, but they were on sale!)
-1 ketchup (no coupon...I just needed ketchup...but it's included in the total so I had to include it in the pic)
-1 bottle of dish soap
-9 boxes of name brand granola bars

I saved: $173.61 

Meaning, if nothing was on sale and no coupons had been used, I would have paid $221.68.

Now I know that there are ladies that can go to the store and buy 200+ items and spend $1.78 or something ridiculous like that (and I applaud you), but I felt pretty good about this.  I don't think I'll ever get TOO involved in couponing, but at least I can bulk up our 3 month supply right!

One last thing about couponing: if you're interested, check out http://www.grocerysmarts.com/.  It's sweet! (AND FREE!)

Oh...and let me post something else about my cute kid. (My grandmother used to say, "Every crow thinks her chicks are the blackest!")  We finally got his smile on camera.  Eat your heart out America!




4 comments:

MandaPanda said...

I love his smile!! And what a super super job on couponing!!! I always love seeing the totals saved when I get my receipt!!

imemary said...

He's got great hair.

Unknown said...

how did you get so many boxes of cereal? did you use the same coupon over and over? did you do it all in one trip?

Allison said...

To answer your question Rachel. I did 2 trips. Jereld went with me the second time. I used several different coupons, but many different general mills cereals were on sale. Come to find out, Fry's doesn't care if you use the same coupon more than once in a transaction as long as your not using like 10 gazillion of the same coupon (or so said my cashier--who may or may not be an authority on the subject but let me do it anyways). But, you can always do multiple transactions.