Last night, I went and played volleyball with other Relief Society sisters. I expected myself to be TERRIBLE compared to where I was before Beau. But, I'm not too rusty! I guess since I had such low expectations, I surprised myself.
Jereld took care of Beau while I played. He looked so thrilled to be at the church for a couple hours with nothing but a bunch of hens laughing and playing volleyball to entertain him. Poor guy though, he's been working like crazy this week. After volleyball and before getting ready for bed, I found him like this:
Aw! Both of my favorite guys snoozing away!
In other news: I made Bean Fudge today. I laugh that I made Bean Fudge. I volunteered to make it for this preparedness fair tomorrow at our Stake Center. And yes, the fudge ACTUALLY has beans in it. But, you can't tell. I suppose it's meant to be a recipe you could use with your food storage. In actuality (at least for me), this recipe doesn't really help me much. I had to use 4 lbs powdered sugar, 12 oz. baker's chocolate, and 1 1/2 cubes of butter...plus other items.
If I'm honest...I don't have ANY powdered sugar or baker's chocolate included in our year supply. Call me a heathen...call me crazy...call me what you want, but powdered sugar really isn't on the list of things I keep in large quantities--not to mention baker's chocolate. (I will note, however, that I happened to have baker's chocolate on hand--randomly--because it was on clearance and I said, "Hey! Chocolate sounds good!")
Okay...so to the funny part of Bean Fudge. When I was a kid, I thought that the Busch's Baked Beans commercials said, "Roll that Beautiful Bean Fudge!"
My sister, Camilee, thought that was HILARIOUS! She corrected me. Apparently, it says, "Roll that beautiful bean footage!"
No, no, Camilee, I correct you...this recipe does instruct me to "Roll" the bean fudge...TAKE THAT!
Okay, okay...last but not least: Check out a couple other places I blog!
First: Allison Brewer Photography
Remember how I like to take pictures? Well, as soon as Beau is a little older, I will start taking them more often. And, here in a couple months I will be doing a Give-Away on that blog.
Second: Clouse Cousins' Cookin
Where you will find the recipe for this:
I also posted a recipe for Mandarin Chicken recently...both are DELICIOUS!
Soon to come: Knock-Off Girl Scout Thin Mints as well as Garlic Chicken N' Gravy!



1 comment:
you can make you're own powdered sugar! I recently figured this out. If you have granulated sugar on hand which most people do its simple. You put in a cup of granulated sugar and a tablespoon of corn starch in your blender, not the food processor cause it doesn't work as well, and blend it for about a minute. It's really nice because I don't have to pay tons of money for extra powder sugar. Some recipes I've seen online say you don't need to add corn starch. Definitely worth trying.
Post a Comment