Monday, January 4, 2010

I want more control...I WANT IT!

You know what bugs me?

Things I can't control. They bug me. I'm a control freak. So, when things don't go how I would like them to go, I panic.

So...as my New Years resolution. I am going to resolve to do some things I CAN control.

1) Eat better (and hopefully lose some weight in the process). I've gained 20 lbs since I got married. This has to STOP!

2) Do more service. I haven't come up with an action plan yet, but I will.

3) Organize my paperwork (bills, documents, etc.). This will involve buying a filing cabinet and rolling up me sleeves, but I CAN DO IT!

4) Getting more organized financially. (My mom is great at this! She is self-taught. I am setting out to do this myself).

That's it folks...that's enough for me to do for now!

On another note, I am very appreciative of an amazing husband! He understands how my little mind works. He understands when I just need to cuddle or be held.

Thanks Jereld!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck! I'm no good at any of those things. Maybe I should take on some of those goals too. :)

TRAVIS & RESA said...

Fun!!!! I am glad I got the chek out your blog!!! Thanks!!! Things out of our coltrol are sooo hard to handle.. but that is life. As the mother of a ten year old that I did not raise from brith, I am learning that the Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness, is void (VOID!!) of control. We (yes, all of us... our children, our siblings, our parents, etc.) were given agency to choose what we wanted to (even if it was the wrong choice). My ten year old make very poor choices at times, and I wish I could control this, but I cannot and I am not supposed to. Despite all of this, I know I am to love him with every ounce of me heart.. just as Heavley Father loves him and me!!!
So... don't worry about having to have control... it only brings stress!!! Enjoy!!
Love yah!!!
Resa Oh yeah... thanks for the call!!!! And thanks for a trip down Allison Memory lane to junio high. It was fun!!!