So early Saturday morning, I woke up because my abdomen was aching really bad (which hasn't been usual for me)...so I decided I might as well go to the bathroom while I was awake (since I get up at least a couple times a night now).
As I was relieving myself, I had a really hard but painless contraction. Since I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions, I didn't worry too much. I finished up and went and laid back down. 5 minutes after the first contraction, another one hit...which I thought was odd. But...eh...oh well right?!?!?!? Then, 7 minutes later another hit. I decided to not panic. I had heard that warm baths usually stop false contractions...so I went and took one (and decided to not wake Jereld up before I knew if it was serious or not). While in the bath, I continued to have contractions about every 7 minutes.
Finally, I got up the courage to call the Dr. on call. You see, I don't like bugging people at 4:30am on a weekend, especially a Dr. I called and talked to the doctor. He told me to go to the hospital so they could check my cervix (TMI??? Sorry!) and monitor my contractions. I woke Jereld up (and he was surprisingly not too grouchy--he's usually a bear in the early morning) and told him I needed to go to the hospital.
At the hospital, they monitored my contractions and said that I was having about 1 to 2 every 10 minutes...which they said was WAY too many. They checked my cervix...no worries I'm only at a 1 and not hardly effaced at all. But, I did have to have Terbutilene (spelling?) shots to stop my contractions. That stuff makes you jittery and makes your heart beat really fast. No fun, but better than having a baby.
They released me once they got the contractions stopped. I ended up going back to get checked again because I was feeling my uterus do some strange stuff...but according to the nurse it was just "quivering" because of the trauma earlier that morning.
Happy ending? I'm still pregnant...Beau is fine...and I'm telling him to stay put.
2 comments:
Phew!! I am glad all went well!! We haven't really picked a name. We have a few we like: Emma, Eliza, and Lelisa. She is very active and moves a ton!!!! I started to feel her really early, around 14 weeks. ; ) So, we may not know until she is born what name to give her.
When is your exact due date? They are going to deliver early for me, so I have a little more that 2 months to go ; ) Fun huh!!!
Well, I will talk to you later!!! Have a great christmas!!!
Wow! Merry Christmas and good luck Payne fam
Post a Comment