Today was HARD! I am feeling it! My whole body is screaming at me to go to bed. But here I sit typing this (technically Jereld gets home in about 20 minutes or so...so that is really why I'm up).
Today was also fun! One of my best friends came over (shout out to Danny Lad--this is a code name don't worry if you don't know who I'm talking about)...knee scooter and all! Beau LOVED the knee scooter! I'm glad DL isn't afraid of a little bare bum sitting on her knee scooter--or a crazy little kid doing gymnastics on it either!
What was so hard about today then?!?!? Cleaning up #2 off my carpet...twice. Yep. Potty training. Sometimes I just don't know...I take it back...I do know. The Pull-ups have to go. But, with all the craziness going on around here, Pull-ups are sort of a crutch I've come to rely on. Dang. Not to mention that the kiddos seem to know that what they once knew as "normal" around our house is long gone. There have been times that their mom and dad have been gone and grandmas and others have had to watch them. There have been times that Mom could not pick up Beau for weeks. There have been many many times that Mom has left to go to a doctor's appointment. There have been many emotions and lots of stress. How could we expect the kids to go on like nothing is different?!?!?
Life has been hard lately. Period.
But, I don't know what I would do without my 2 little miracles. As I laid next to my little buddy, reading story after story and looking at the tractor picture book over and over and over, I didn't want the moment to end. I just wanted to soak up as much of that moment as possible. I didn't want him to be one day older.
I know you can't see them, but tears of gratefulness to God for my little family are rolling down my cheeks. I love them. Regardless of the poop I cleaned off the carpet, regardless of the sleepless nights I've spent caring for them, regardless of the cranky times and the wild times and the messy times, I LOVE THEM! I love them to my very core.
I know that I can be with them forever, and that is what gets me through the hard days and the doubting moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment