Monday, September 16, 2013

Perspective

I hope this post will not sound insensitive to others with cancer, because it is the real, raw thoughts floating around in my head.

You know those optical illusions...like the one where you can either see 2 faces or a candlestick???

If I compared my life to that, I would have to say that pre-cancer I always saw the candlestick, but post-cancer I see the faces.

I went to Joann's fabric today and saw a middle-aged woman who had lost her hair and was wearing a cancer turban (Is that what they are called?!?!?! You know what I'm talking about right?!?!?).

Pre-cancer I would have thought, "How sad! She's so young to have cancer! How hard to lose your hair!"...etc.

Post-cancer I found myself wanting to thank the woman for being a hero! I wanted to tell her how much it meant to me that someone in the midst of one the hardest things out there to go through would be at a craft store so that I could see that LIFE GOES ON! So that I could see that she wasn't going to let cancer get her down.

I probably should have said something, but you know how you start worrying that the person will think your a crazy or a weirdo or something, so I didn't.

But, THANK YOU, whoever you are!

I am grateful that the treatment for my cancer will not include Chemo.  To those who have to do chemo and lose all their hair, I applaud you! You are amazing!

No comments: